Will drinking lots of water give me that dewy, hydrated look? Find out here http://ow.ly/l8kQ8
$34.99 for a Haircut and Style with Full Makeup Application at Hello Gorgeous ($105 Value) – Hurry before they are all gone!! http://ow.ly/kEueB
Check out out latest Amazon Local Deal at Hello Gorgeous! http://ow.ly/kEsfO
Take Back Your Youth-Health & Beauty newsletter http://ow.ly/kBuRz
The BREAKFAST OF CHAMPIONS should be fresh juicing. Imagine, the life-saving nutrients from this juice will be in your blood stream within 20 minutes because it did not have to go through the digestion system. Start healing and detoxing today. Start JUICING. Try this beauty: 3 or 4 medium carrots, 1/2 a cucumber, 2 ribs of celery, juice of small lemon, small beet, and 1″ of ginger (all organic). This is a great detoxifier. Drink on an empty stomach, first thing in the morning.
AFTERNOON COCKTAIL: I love this smoothie. Its great for your skin, the largest organ in your body. Put 5 oz. of frozen organic blueberries (Simple Truth from Kroger), 1/2 cup organic baby spinach, 1 tablespoon ground organic flaxseed, 2 large tablespoons of organic unsweetened yogurt, 2 to 3 Stevia packets, and 1 1/2 cups of unsweetened organic Almond Milk. Yummmm.
Not sure if you want to go under the knife or not like me? LED is a great alternative! http://ow.ly/klGqw
Red Hot Flames – Combining the heat of red and the zest of orange, this flaming hot color looks good in any fabric. Great color for Springs (those girls with blonde, red, strawberry blonde, and war brunettes with pale neutral to golden skin.) For everyone else (gals with pale pink, rosy or olive skin) look for blue reds. FIGURE TIP: a long line of color is visually slimming with neutral shoes which make the leg look longer or red shoes for pants and longer hems to complete the line. While lips don’t have to be matchy matchy, they should be akin. If you don’t like red lipstick (which is a 2013 makeup trend), try red lip liner with a beige lip. You would look washed out with pale pink or nude lips.
Spring is here and we made it through the dead of winter buttttt your skin is dead darling! Time to exfoliate with body buffers and pumice stones, so moisturizers and lotions will penetrate better. Keep your showers short and completely dry off before you moisturize. Surface water will not penetrate your skin because your skin is waterproof (that’s why you don’t swell up like a blow fish when you take a bath.) For really dry skin, rub on a little Evening Primrose Oil beforehand. Add white cotton gloves and socks to sleep in for extra skin softening benefits. Spring is a great time for extra exfoliation for your face like microdermabrasion and peels. After these treatments, avoid sun exposure for 3 days. Give your dead skin a funeral; it’s time to buff and slough!
I recommend Honey Jojoba Facial Scrub for renewing your facial skin!
Hey you Covenant people who are on the Daniel fast, I’ve been making some great dishes and thought I would share them with you. Last night it was Kale & Sweet Potatoe Soup. Easy to make: Cube the sweet potato in half inch squares, slice up a couple of carrots, mince 2 cloves of garlic, and dice up a half of yellow onion and throw them into two boxes of chicken or vegetable broth and cook. Everything you cook with should be organic. I love Kroger, they have a special organic line now that is not expensive. After those are tender, Put half a red bell pepper, 8 cups of cleaned and chopped kale, a drained can of great white northern beans, 1/4 cup of olive oil, McCormick Greek seansoning, Himalayan crystal salt, pepper, and more broth if necessary. Cooks in minutes, serve with a dollop unsweetened Greek yogurt on top!!
Green Zucchini Casserol: I served this with a green salad with grape tomatoes and purple onions. Saute cubed zucchini (5 large) with half diced onion, half yellow bell pepper, half red pepper, mince garlic in olive oil. Add half to 3/4 cup of bread crumbs, tumeric, Himalayan crystal salt, pepper, garlic powder, rosemary, (I have a rosemary and garlic combo that is divine), one beaten egg, 1/4 cup of cheddar cheese, 1/2 cup of Ramono cheese, and two pats of butter. (OK, it does have a few calories) Place in baking dish and cook at 375 for 20 minutes. Yummmm.
Vegie Sitr Fry is great for this fast, too. All your favorites: Onion, green, red, yellow peppers, garlic, celery sauteed. Then throw in your favorite greens, tomatoes, Greek Seasoning, Great white northern beans or Navy beans. Stir fry a little and top with Feta Cheese to serve.
Roasted Vegies are great too: Cube sweet potato, beets, butternut squash, bell pepper and onion and toss with olive oil and bake until tender.
Needless to say, try to eat organic as much as possible. No need to put yourself in harms way if possible. Happy Fasting!!!
Can you believe we are almost done with our first week of 2013? I know many of you are working on your New Year’s resolutions and I just wanted to remind you of taking care of your skin!! My top ten rules to follow for your best looking skin!
1. Have a skin care routine: I know that a persistent, consistent, dare I say it, religious skin care routine will solve 90% of aging. My 10 Minute Skin Care Routine is so easy even a cave woman could do it. Just 5 minutes in the morning and 5 minutes at night. Isn’t your face worth 10 minutes of your time?
2. Do not go to bed with your makeup on: Do you know what kind of microscopic thingies are making a home in that makeup and sweat (oh I mean perspiration) on your face? Please cleanse with the appropriate cleanser
for your skin type. Avoid sodium lauryl sulphate, alcohol, and fragrances which produce cancer causing phthalates. Each skin type requires a different cleanser: Normal, Dry, Sensitive and Oily.
3. Don’t bake in the sun: Check out a previous newsletter to find out all the details of safe sun tanning. Only use products with natural sunscreens
like Zinc and Titanium Dioxide like our AM Moisture for dry skin, AM Nurture for normal, AM Protection for sensitive, and AM Control for oily skin.
4. Exfoliate daily: Scrubs like ourHoney Jojoba Scrub can be used daily because it includes moisturizing honey and aloe. Use mornings to scrub away the dead skin build-up from the p.m. renewal period. This reduces pore size and makeup blends evenly over smooth skin. Use Alpha Hydroxy acid and Enzyme
exfoliators at night to desolve and loosen dead skin cells. These can be used daily under night creams and serums or 2 or 3 times weekly when used alone or otherwise you run the risk of thinning your skin.
5. Know your season: By now you should know whether you are warm (skin with yellow or ivory undertones) which are Springs and Autumns or cool (pink to olive skin) which are Winters and Summers. It makes soooo much
difference when makeup, clothing, and hair color are coordinated. If you don’t know your season, come see one of the professionals in Fairview/Allen or Arlington.
6. DO NOT Squeeze your pimples: Please let one of our estheticians take care of cleaning pores properly. This will prevent scarring and enlarged pores
in the future. Ask for a Deep Pore Cleansing Facial or Back Facial
which includes extractions and masking.
7. Get your beauty sleep: The Institute On Aging recommends 7 to 8 hours of sleep to prolong your life and prevent pre-mature aging. No excuses, just do it. Take aCalcium and Magnesium supplement after dinner to help with relaxation and mood soothing.
8. Eat all your veggies and fruit: OK, your mother said that too. A healthy diet fends off free radical damage and inflammation, two of the main causes of pre-mature aging. Eat 50% of your diet raw to receive pure nutrition and enzymatic energy for proper cellular regeneration. And drink my delicious High ORAC ACAI Juice with Aloe and over 25 other consentrated fruit extracts. Find out why Acai is known as the Beauty Berry.
9. Love your body and your face: Because your body has fewer oil glands than your face (only 200 per inch versus 1800) it will always need hydration to prevent flaking. Completely dry off after your shower or bath (unless you have a home filtering system) because tap water has fluoride and chlorine that causes pre-mature aging. Use sulphate-free bath gels like our new Pomegranate
Body Wash and body moisturizers with shea butter like our new Pomegranate
Body Souffle. They are yummy!
10. Get off the couch: According to the Ohio State University, wounds healed 29 days faster in those who exercised than those who were sedentary. Why? Because exercise increases circulation bringing oxygen and nutrition to skin cells. A little sweat (yes I said it) never hurt anyone. In fact according to the
University of Vermont a 20-minute sweat session can help regulate stress
hormones linked to not only depression and anxiety, but also to acne,
sensitivity, and dryness. Their research says this session will improve your mood up to 12 hours, so get off the couch and get happy skin!